NOTES FROM THIS WEEKEND:
1.It was a quiet Big Monday. Notre Dame upset Pittsburgh, but I’m not sure the Irish’s profile changes that much with the win. The same goes for Pittsburgh, so for now I will leave both teams where they were coming into the night. Remember, it is important not to overreact to wins and losses. As a bracketologist, it is important to take the entire profile into consideration.
2. Villanova’s comeback win over Rutgers was gigantic, because it kept the Wildcats on the brink of my field.
3. Tomorrow night will create big changes in my field. Here’s a list of intriguing games;
- Florida at Missouri
- Florida State at N. C. State
- Wichita State at Indiana State
- Virginia at Miami (Fla.)
- North Carolina at Georgia Tech
- Wyoming at San Diego State
- Indiana at Michigan State
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- This is a projection of the NCAA Tournament if the SEASON ENDED TODAY. This does not predict future games.
- There ARE a couple of discrepancies between my s-curve rankings and where the teams are seeded. Teams can be moved to keep the selection committee from creating a procedural error.
- Teams that cannot play in specific regions/locations this season: Georgetown (East), IUPUI (Midwest), and Pepperdine (West), Oakland (Auburn Hills), Kentucky (Lexington), Utah (Salt Lake City), Texas (Austin) and Temple (Philadelphia), BYU (any Thursday/Sunday sites).
- Teams that are ineligible for the tournament: Connecticut (Big East), Arkansas Pine-Bluff (SWAC), Jacksonville State (OVC), Mississippi Valley State (SWAC), UNC Wilmington (CAA), Texas A&M Corpus Christi (Southland), Toledo (MAC), Towson (CAA) and UC-Riverside (Big West).
NOTABLE TEAMS RISING: Oklahoma State, Colorado State, Maryland
NOTABLE TEAMS FALLING: Virginia (still out), Duke, Kentucky
MOVED TO AVOID PROCEDURAL PROBLEMS: Minnesota (-1), San Diego State (+1)
NEW TO THE BRACKET: Maryland, South Dakota State, Mercer, Robert Morris, High Point, Arizona State
LAST FOUR IN: California, Saint Mary’s, Arizona State, Maryland
FIRST FOUR OUT: Villanova, Boise State, Indiana State, Alabama
The arrows show how a team is trending through the last few bracketology updates.